Thank you for adopting a pet! The questions on this application are not a test, they will simply
help the Kiya Koda Humane Society ensure that we make a great match. Remember — adopting a pet
is a lifetime commitment! We strongly recommend that pets meet all humans and other pets (if
applicable) living in the household prior to adoption.
Kiya Koda Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Make sure all the adults living in your household know about the pet and agree that it
can live there. Have a valid identification with your current address (or other proof of
- Understand that no animals will be adopted for consumption or research. Kiya Koda only
adopts animals as family pets. For the safety of your pet, agree to take him/her home
with a leash and collar.*
- We require spaying of all females and neutering of all males.
- If for any reason you choose not to keep the animal, it may be returned to Kiya Koda
Humane Society, no refund will be given.
- Kiya Koda is not responsible for any illness of the animal after its adoption nor any
veterinarian expenses that may be incurred.
- Kiya Koda is not responsible for any damage which the animal may do to any person or
property after its' adoption
- Sterilization of the animal is required pursuant to Iowa Code section 162.20 A person
failing to satisfy the sterilization provisions of the agreement is guilty of a simple